I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Yesterday we had a good time playing in the snow! Last night, I got together with my girlfriends to celebrate Shelly's birthday! My friend Shelly is so sweet talented- I had given her Jillian's stocking to transform from a blond caucasian girl into a darker skinned Ethiopian girl- which she did beautifully! We may have to darken her up a little bit, but we will wait and see! So when I got home I went in to check on Harrison and he had thrown up in his bed and didn't wake up.... So I moved him to our bed in which he proceded to puke on me and our bed! Then onto the dry clean only bed skirt- So into the bath at 1:00AM he went and then the diarrhea started.......and it continues on with a fever- He says "Where's my pyark bowl?"- it's so cute how he says pyark. I feel bad for him- hopefully it will pass quickly! So Craig and Isabelle got up to go to church- our times are changing, we thought today was the first day of the new times, well they got there and it doesn't start until the 14th- so back home! So we are kind of off kilter today- maybe we won't do much else besides rest and play in the snow a little- well Craig and Isabelle at least.... I did do some organizing yesterday of Jillian's closet- it was a wreck- now its ready to hold Jillian's stuff, at least when we know who she is and how big she is. I also shoveled a WHOLE bunch of snow yesterday and pulled the kids and the neighbor girl on the sled- so I am sore today! I may need a nap!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.