This pic. was a recent get together of our closest Ethiopian fellowship group.... and this happens to be one of Jillian's oldest girlfriend's! They go wayyyy back.... back to the orphanage and the same area in Ethiopia. We are blessed to have them so close.... God is good like that! :) Our good friend, Amber who was in line with us knitted our girls these adorable sweaters back before we even knew who they were, so we had to get a picture of them wearing them before they outgrew them!
Yesterday was our 5 month home mark- can't believe it, I've been working on our 6 month post placement report due to our agency that will go back to Ethiopia. I realized that Jillian has been with us longer than she was with her birth mother, and longer than she was at her orphanage, and even longer than she was at the Transition Home with her nannies.... so I am assured now that when she needs me now, that she knows deep down that I'm always going to be there for her! It's going good-- she is growing like a weed, working on her 8th tooth- 3 at once.... not so much fun.... and a cold at the same time. She walks with assistance, still easier to crawl. She will be 1 year old very soon- such a big milestone! I looked back at my day planner last year to see what I was doing that day, I usually write a little something.... but that day, there is nothing. That makes me sad, a little bit. It probably means I had a quiet day, the day she came into the world..... it's one of those things I'll never know.
We are having a continual issue with her skin on her face.... it's so dry here right now- and her face gets very chapped and then it breaks out.... I've tried everything, even Dr. recommended steroid creams..... my friend who knitted the sweater, lives in Cali- and her baby, same age.... is having the same issue- has recommended Jojoba oil, which happens to be the closest natural thing to our actual facial oils ..... I have some ordered, waiting for it to come in and hopefully be our miracle fix!
We've been stuck inside for 4 days now straight- I'm getting a little stir crazy- my hubby is using our only 4 wheel drive, his jellybean car got stuck, in the driveway...... I need Spring.... I like Winter, a little of it... then let's move on- I don't do well with the "cooped up" thing.... at. all.
I've been a bad blogger- not sure what to write sometimes, since the adoption is finished... but not sure I want to quit either.... we'll see what it turns into.... Stay tuned for some happy birthday jillian pics...... coming soon! :)
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.