I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Our agency, AWAA, just posted their stats for January. They had 17 REFERRALS!!!! 3 of which were infant girl referrals! That may not mean anything to you- but it means ALOT for us! You see, we are 3rd on the unofficial list- Yes, it is still unofficial which just means there very well may be a family or two or three that we don't know about, that do not take an active part of our agencies yahoo chat group. This is the group that keeps the "unofficial" list that I refer to. Anyway, in the next few months we are "likely" to get our referral! My fellow adoption friends, The Booy's are #1 on the list and The Belotes are #2! We three, keep in touch and are cheering each other on! It's actually helping the time go by, connecting and keeping track of the progress! I am thankful for these families, hoping we will be friends from now on because of bonding through this process! Thanks God for crossing our paths! Things are bound to get pretty interesting this month and next- I can't wait to see what happens! Our daughter, Isabelle was asking last night about Jillian's mom- and why she would have to give her up- My husband took that one and then they prayed for her family in Ethiopia and the decision that they would have to make- I think it really hit my husband as to how hard it would be to give up your flesh and blood- he said he wanted to write a letter to Jillian's Birth Mother- We might actually get to meet her if it were under the right circumstances...... what an opportunity! So many what ifs..... I can't wait to know what OUR cicumstance is-I pray daily that our little girl has The Lord's loving arms wrapped around her, protecting her from hunger, the weather, trauma- She has probably been born and maybe even given up by now- she may be in the orphanage just waiting to be referred to us- only GOD knows for sure! It's such an exciting adventure!!!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.