I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Thursday, February 25, 2010
First of all, let me say that I DO know that everything happens in GOD'S time. I believe this. There have not been any referrals in the month of February. There is one working day left. I am discouraged because it seems like things are dragging. I am also frustrated because the talk in the chat group is that after you pass court, families are going to have to wait up to 8 weeks to travel to Ethiopia to pick up their children. So it could take up to 4 months after referral to get Jillian and bring her home. That is frustrating! Which makes me do math in my head and start worrying about court closures in August and September and worrying about Isabelle being back in school and where she would stay- I know, I know, cross that bridge....... well, I'm a planner- can't help it! So, I am a little discouraged and frustrated.... I am not the only one.... So if you are reading this- add us to your prayer list and all of the families currently waiting! Thank you- it is reallly greatly appreciated!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.