I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Friday, January 29, 2010
These cats of ours act like they have never been fed before! They sit lurking at the window staring at the bird feeder with ears flattened! How do they know that they like birds? It is so funny! On another note, the 6 inches of snow they forecast didn't arrive- just a teaser. I also had a dream last night that we got our referral: I saw her face in my dream and her name was Martha Brown- isn't that funny! She was a little older and had a beautiful smile and eyes that smiled.... It came in an envelope and I just had to open it.... kind of strange. I guess I am just being hopeful!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.