Monday, January 18, 2010

wondering and waiting

My friends who have gone through this told me it would be hard..... to wait. I never knew HOW hard! Every beautiful face I see coming home from Ethiopia- makes me want to see Jillian's face even more- don't get me wrong, I am soooo happy for these families, it's just really hard, wondering how old, how big, her history, etc....

My little boy, the baby right now- will turn 4 years old on Monday! I remember when I was pregnant with him and they told me after my ultrasound that he was a boy--- I think I was in shock, my daughter, 3 at the time cried, because she wanted a sister, I just thought what in the world am I going to do with a boy!! Now, I can't imagine how boring life would be without that :smiling, funny, happy, caring little boy- who loves me sooo much! This weekend we are going to celebrate his birthday- Starting with a family party on Friday night and then we will take off to Kansas City for a long weekend- We are going to an authentic Ethiopian restaurant downtown and I am so excited to try it and see if my kids like it- I thought I might try some authentic recipes, maybe this will help me compare. We are going to stay on The Plaza, Craig and I love it there- and the hotel has an indoor pool for us to play! A little January getaway to maybe distract us from "wondering and waiting"- maybe it will help.

Some of my anxiety is over something I read on the America World blog- that the Tax Credit for when you finalize your adoption is going from 12,000 in 2010 to 5,000 for 2011- unless we can get the government to change that- write your representative!!! This is important, it could make the difference in whether or not a family decides to adopt! Needless to say, I am hoping and praying that we get finished in 2010 for sure!!! I wish I could

2 comments:

  1. Oh if you are going to the Blue Nile I am so jealous!! You gotta eat the tibs they are the best.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy is a crazy wait, and you KNOW a lot...that it will not last more than 9 months (9 1/2 if you are me), you usually KNOW it's a boy or girl and relatively, how healthy, and you KNOW how old the baby will be when you get it...and we still go insane through the wait, holding them inside us the whole time. I cannot even begin to imagine how your wait is...but I feel for you, and look forward to seeing Miss Brown Eyes and giving her huge hugs! We're here for you!!!

    ReplyDelete