I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Ok- the good news: we can now flush all of our toilets! bad news: $192.50 later- a toothless plumber tells me not to flush certain things down the toilet! Yes- it is MY fault- not the freezing weather, or a child's toy- but me, the adult! Needless to say- I have learned my lesson and as I speak my sweet husband is sanitizing the bathrooms because they smelled like Mexico to me when I arrived home today! That's all I will say about that! Hopefully ever! We had a conference call today with AWAA: No big news, I was a little bummed..... looks like it could be at least 3 months after we get our referral before we can go get our daughter, that is IF we pass court the first time- which is not a sure thing. So- I will be happy if we get to go get her before school starts next year! That is a lot more waiting! I am so thankful there are other people experiencing the exact same thing- through our chat group with our agency! We can support each other and pray for each other and that is so reassuring!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.