Saturday, July 17, 2010

We're here!

We were out of the airport in Addis around 9:30 Sat. night.  David, our driver picked us and all of our backage (YAY) and took us to the guest house.  Our welcome party of Missy B. and Amber B. and hubby were waiting for us!   What a great welcome!!  We have a suite- it has a little kitchen, living room and bedroom on the 4th floor- .  I never thought I would be cold here, but its morning already and I'm a little chilly- 

We awoke to the chanting music of some religious group.  I want to think they are Christians- they could be. This nation is at least 60% christian.  You also hear dogs, cats, an occasional car alarm or music coming from cars and you constantly smell smoke- guess its probably smog- it is really kind of a "homey" smell if that is possible.  Our first night, we instantly fell asleep... with help of over 30 hours of travel and a couple of tylenol pm-  Today we get to go with our group to the International church here- then to lunch with our group where my cousin and her kids are going to join us hopefully and then from 2-4, WE GET TO MEET JILLIAN!!!!!  It's finally here and I am so thankful-  I got tears when we were landing thinking we are in the same city finally as our child!  We are 8 hours ahead of Missouri time!  More later- thought I would see if this sending email to the blog would actually work! 

2 comments:

  1. Sunday July 18, 2010
    Dear Erin and Craig,
    Blessed be to THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY WHO IS, WAS AND FOREVER WILL BE, BLESS HIS HOLY NAME.

    When I got on the computer this morning, I read your blog entry and I rejoice that you are there!
    You are in my thoughts and prayers often.
    Joy in the goodness of our Lord!
    Peace, thanksgiving, trust, mercy and grace
    love and prayers,
    Pat Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that you are there...safe, sound, and so close to your new bundle of joy! We will be checking constantly for any nuggets of info!!!

    ReplyDelete