I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Tired stinging eyes... but HOME!
I just wanted everyone to know we made it home this afternoon- I wasn't able to get into my email to send info to my blog after Tuesday- So I need to catch up on our days in Ethiopia- what a wonderful adventure it was.... so bittersweet to come home without our girl... hopefully very soon- I can go get her forever! After I catch up a little- I will fill in the blanks on our trip- and add some pics! There is so much to process- I don't want to forget a thing I saw or experienced there- Praying now for a fast embassy investigation and CHEAP tickets to go back and get her- right now plane rides sound like the least fun thing!!! Came home to my kids both sick with stomach distress..... made me sad I wasn't here- hard to be torn between continents- we need to all be together- right now we all need SLEEP! More soon, I promise!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.