I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
It's the little things that mean the most; my friend Paula, recently went to Destin, Fl on a trip and one of my favorite places is there, The Donut Hole. They have the world's best cream horns; they make a chocolate one that is just sheer perfection! She brought me one!!! I couldn't believe it! It was such a nice surprise!!! I appreciated it so much- it's the little blessings in life that mean so much! I needed it this week; all last week I have been down in my back- I finally went to the dr. on monday; he said it was a muscle spasm- so I now have some strong drugs that seem to be working! There were finally some referrals for the month of March posted on our agencies blog, 3 baby girl referrals, but we don't know who they went to; they were "mystery" families- So I remain anxious, wondering when we will get our referral, if we will end up having to go twice, wondering if it will all happen before court closures in August..... lots to pray about- so if you are reading this and feel like it, please pray for our little baby, far far away- and all of the logistics!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.