I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Monday, April 5, 2010
Wow- A lot has been going on! We had a great Easter Sunday! So glad to finally see some referrals from our agency; maybe it will be our turn soon! I have been battling major back and nerve trouble for going on three weeks now- ready for some relief. It kind of makes it hard to do anything else. I think it was brought on by stress and worry- which caused all of my muscles to totally tense up and cause a pinched nerve and back spasms... or maybe I am just getting "older".
Our agency also contacted us about the policy that was "on hold", after May 9, the policy goes back into effect- both parents will have to travel to be in court. So it looks like that is how it will be for us. I am also getting concerned that we pass court before court closes in August. Please pray for that specifically. We really want to bring our baby home as soon as we can.
I am learning a lot about "support" through this experience. Sometimes encouragement comes from places we would least expect it, and not from where we would normally find it. I have been discouraged from some peoples response to our adoption, because we feel so passionate about it. I can't help but feel like there are some people around us that just aren't interested. I understand how "orphans" isn't everyone's "thing", but loving all of the children in your life should be!
Summer ball practice is getting ready to start for both kids! Can't wait- we will stay super busy, so maybe waiting won't be so hard...... but who am I kidding! Ha! Exciting times- We have officially been "Dossier to Ethiopia" for 7 months now- and the official wait is 8-11 months, we are getting closer. I still feel like it will never happen. So ready to see her face! Please keep praying for us!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.