I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Thursday, April 22, 2010
We are now 2nd in line for our referral for our baby girl!!! Of course, I must say the list is unofficial, so the possibility of a "mystery" family being front of us is still there- the reality is: we are getting closer! I was so happy when I saw that baby girl referral in my email yesterday- that means, only one family in front of us- and it is so much fun to see families we have grown closer to receive their referrals too! I really, really, really want our referral! It is pretty much all I can think about lately. It's getting harder, the closer we get. I am very worried that we might not pass court before Ethiopian courts close in August for 6 or so weeks- that would really put a kink in things! I know our whole adoption is orchestrated by God's own hands, that is the only thing that gives me peace.... I just can't wait to see her face, know her birthday, know where she is from in Ethiopia, etc.... all of the little, tiny details a mother wants to know! Second!!!!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.