I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Monday, April 19, 2010
Harrison went to the Eye Doc. today, for our concern about a lazy eye once in a while. Turns out he is really far sighted and his right eye is pretty bad. He has to get glasses. I am bummed about it.... he is only 4! Worried Momma doesn't want people to make fun of him or stereotype him. I know, things could be worse. I just want to protect him and I am kind of wondering at this point how I am going to get him to wear them all the time- he's not to keen on the idea..... I'm sure a little bribery might help. On the other hand, I am thankful for his beautiful brown eyes that smile when he smiles, and at least he can see!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.