Wednesday, March 10, 2010

TWO Trips!!!

We received an email from our agency, AWAA today. It stated that starting today- when someone gets their referral that they would need to prepare to travel from 4-8 weeks for the appearance of both prospective adoptive parents in Ethiopian court. This trip will be 5-7 days. After you pass court, then you would plan to travel again 8-12 weeks later, approximately, after the U.S. Embassy investigates the individual case. We both have to travel the first time, but only one parent has to travel the second trip. We will find more out tomorrow during our conference call. Right now, it's a lot to take in, because it's so different than how it has been up until now. I am glad we will probably get to meet Jillian on the first trip, but it breaks my heart to think we have to leave her there. I do know, God has a plan and he is in control and it is the perfect plan-so we are being flexible! I will add more after our call tomorrow! Maybe now there will be a outpouring of referrals (including ours).

1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    I'll keep you in my prayers! I know our adoption paths will be so different, but I do understand your apprehension about making two trips. Initially, that is why we were leaning toward Ethiopia - because it just seemed easier and less travel involved. However, God led us down a different road.

    We will be traveling more than once, also. Possibly several times before our adoption becomes final and we are able to bring our new ones home. For me, even though I believe I will meet and know my new baby(ies) in May when I travel the first time, it helps to know that they will be in a safe place and taken care of when I leave to come home. Someday, I'll be able to tell them how far I traveled just to meet them. I do know that the orphanage we are working with is doing a great job with them, so that is comforting to some degree.

    There are days that I just keep repeating to myself, "My life is not my own. My life is not my own." It's sometimes scary to be in this place, where I don't know how this story is going to end. But, I know that we are being obedient and are in His will for our lives and I believe that He will take care of us and give provision because He has called us to this CRAZY place!

    So glad I found your blog! I'm blogging, too, if you want to keep up with us. It's a mixture of daily stuff, orphan stuff and whatever else is rambling around in my mind. Take care!

    Jodi Widhalm
    http://tofindlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete