I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
She's coming HOME!!!!
We GOT THE CALL!!!! We are officially cleared by the US Embassy to come for our appointment to get Jillian's Visa next Monday, Aug. 30! My dad and I are leaving this Friday, in 3 days!!!!! We will be home WITH HER on Friday night, Sept. 3! I can't even believe it right now! I am SO happy! I even found tickets that were cheaper than the first time we went and I don't have to go through Chicago, which is a huge blessing in itself! I am So thankful right now- We get to go with 3 other families that were there before for court with us- so happy to get to see them again! Please pray that everything goes smoothly for us and that Jillian is just fine on the travel home, I'm nervous about that-
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.