I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Monday, August 2, 2010
The nest is ready!
Well, we're ready!! We have diapers, clean bottles, clean clothes- now all we need is that embassy date to get Jillian's visa! The next date is August 18th. It *could* happen that soon, but I really don't expect it to happen until Sept. 1. If it does happen Aug. 18, we probably won't have much notice- which means higher prices for plane tickets. I don't want to wait any longer than I have to, but cheaper tickets would be nice! My dad is getting ready- I can't wait to show him Ethiopia and introduce him to Jillian! I can't believe that the next time I see her, its FOR KEEPS! I don't think I will ever put her down! I miss her so badly- Our family is all spread out..... it's just not right! Thank goodness it's a busy time of year! School starts on the 18th- so it will be nice to get everybody in their new routine and then off to bring home baby! I can't wait to see how she will adjust to being here- I know she's going to love the kids and the kids are going to LOVE her! Stay tuned!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.