I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Sunday, August 22, 2010
We're praying we hear something tomorrow about our embassy date. I'm getting doubtful that we will get to go next weekend for the appt date of Sept. 1. Maybe I don't want to get my hopes up. I will post as soon as I know anything- If you read this and have any extra time, please say a little prayer for us. It's really getting hard to wait. I just feel like she needs to come home! I've been stocking the pantry and freezer and trying to get things ready for me to be gone and then home again with a baby! So exciting! If we don't get to go for Sept. 1, surely it would be Sept. 15- so the end is still in sight! Trying to have a good attitude!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.