I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
What we do while we wait.......
First of all, we had a very informative conference call yesterday concerning why we haven't received a court date yet. For the people now having to travel to Ethiopia for to appear in court, that would be us.... they now have to have a birth certificate to submit to court with the other paperwork to get a court date. This is what we are waiting on right now. They have all of the other paperwork needed for Jillian's case, just waiting on her birth certificate.... please pray they get it fast! Then they will apply for a court date, when they get one, they will tell us and we will prepare to travel for our first trip, which will be about one week. Please also pray we pass the first time. 50-60% of people pass the first time. The ones who don't pass usually pass within a few weeks. After we pass court, paperwork is gathered and submitted to the US Embassy- they will decide if there will be an investigation about Jillian's individual case. If no investigation is needed, we will go 5-6 weeks after passing court, if investigation is needed we will go 10-12 weeks after passing court. There you have it in a big nutshell! So, we need to get a birth certificate and we need to pass court!!! We have had a busy start to our summer..... lots of staying up late and sleeping in! Lots of Softball and T-ball playing, swimming, trampoline jumping, basically whatever we want to do when we want to do it- "FUN having"--- This is the last time I get to spend with just Harrison and Isabelle..... so we are living it up! Enjoy the pictures of some of our adventures!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.