I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Today we got the email we've been waiting for! Anna from our agency told us that ALL of our documents, including Jillian's birth certificate that we have been awaiting, were submitted to Ethiopian court at the end of last week. We will hear when our court day will be within 1-2 weeks. She said court dates were currently being scheduled for early/mid JULY!!! Two other families with referral dates close to ours got court dates for next Friday, July 2..... SO.... this means we could go to court as soon as July 5!!! WOW..... The neat part about this, is our friends, The Belote's also got the SAME email!!! We SO want to travel with them and it is such a good possibility.... so we are going to start packing! Please pray we pass court the first time! We could be meeting our sweet girl in less than two weeks! Sunday night our agency chat group held a prayer vigil online... it was such a sweet experience.... we lifted up every part of this process for all of the families with our agency, AWAA.... well, all I can say is: PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!!!! Thank you, Lord!!!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.