I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Monday, June 28, 2010
Well, we are still waiting to hear when we will go for our court date! I am mentally and physically so ready- I would be ready to go tomorrow!!! But, God says.... wait. I just keep trying to remember this, "God makes everything beautiful in HIS time." This is what is written on a little thing that sits on an easel sitting on a table right by my favorite chair, where I read and sit while on the computer most of the time. It helps to read it. But I am human, and my human self wants the call 5 minutes ago and I want to leave tomorrow! I CAN't wait to hold our baby! I want to touch the cheeks I have heard about from so many others and the fat little legs and look into the smiling eyes! I can't wait to share her pictures here! The visiting families she has had tell me she is already wearing 9 month clothes.... and only 4 months old, she IS one of my children! I think my kids are wondering if this will ever happen.... Harrison wanted to sleep with the "baby Jillian doll"- it's the softest little brown baby doll- I couldn't help but take his pic.- even though it is pink! We are waiting on an update on her health, growth, development, a few new pics, etc. from our agency any day now... families usually get them at the end of the month- I will share when I receive it. I am trying to remain focused on life here.... but it is HARD! my heart has a space in it that will only be filled when I hold her for the first time!!! Better yet, when we bring her home! Please keep praying that we hear soon and that we pass the first time! Then, hopefully 5 weeks later we can bring her home for good!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.