I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Only a few more days of 2009 to go.... I can't say I am sad to see it go- it was great, but I am so looking forward to 2010!!! I am trying to stay busy anticipating the new year and all that it will bring! We tried to play in the snow on Christmas Day- but it was only deep enough where it blew and drifted! We went Ice Skating- the kid's first time- Harrison only made it one time around with Dad and Isabelle and I had a ball! Then Isabelle decided to end the year with a new "do"- I love it! We are all ready to start fresh- Can't wait for January- although the lack of sunshine gets me down sometimes in the winter, I always claimed I have Seasonal Affective Disorder- there is bound to be some movement on "the list"- so we will see where that places us! We are going to move some furniture around and get Jillian's room ready! So to all who are reading this, Happy Year End to you! Can't wait to see what the NEW year will bring! Oh, yeah- we are definetly going somewhere warm next Christmas! Craig is working it into the budget starting in January! Cheers!!!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.