I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Christmas Time 2009
Such a busy time of year- A visit to Santa, Craig and the kids decorating the annual gingerbread house and Isabelle dancing in The Nutcracker with her Dance Class- This year was her 6th year to be in it- makes me so proud! I really do love this time of year- and to think it started with the birth of a little baby in a dirty stable! It's all about Love! We have a lot of fun in our family with some of the secular traditions, like the Elf on the Shelf and such- it's been fun to see where he will end up next! (Watching the behavior of everyone in the house, and reporting back to Santa at night)- but we will never stop focusing on the birth of Jesus, our Savior- who God sent for all of us to save us from our sins! So as we go about our cookie making and ham eating- we think about what God did for us- We could never have Easter without Christmas! So he gave us the ULTIMATE Gift! And for that we are so blessed! Thank you, GOD!!!! And to all who are reading this, Merry Christmas! And a Happy 2010! It's going to be a GREAT Year! We can't wait!!!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.