I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Sunday, September 26, 2010
One month ago......
One month ago today, the sweetest blessing was placed in my arms, "for keeps" in Ethiopia. I can't believe it's been one month. So many new experiences for us all- we're all still adjusting, loving almost every minute of it- Craig says," she was born for our family"- We are amazed at how God works! He made her just for us, it's really just an awesome, amazing thing- and I'm so glad to be given this gift! I still look at her and cannot believe she's here! That she is our baby- I just want to eat her up- she is the purest joy! We are so in love- I watch the kids with her, even Harrison will just kiss her cheek, melts my heart! Then there is Craig- he loves her so much- and Jillian already looks up to Isabelle. I always wanted a sister- glad my girls will have each other! Even though we are all tired- she has brought a special light into our family- a sparkle! She is special! Can't wait to see what God has in store for her- on the other hand I want to freeze these moments in time so I can always remember her sweet little baby self!!! Love it!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.