Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I'm so glad that I've been given the gift of motherhood! I can't imagine what it would be like not being a mother. We've had a great weekend. Saturday, Isabelle and I went to the Fancy Nancy tea party at the library with some friends. It was fun with just the girls. Then our family went to a movie and came home and planted flowers. Today, we went to sunday school and then left early to meet my mom and dad in Springfield to eat a wonderful lunch at this Italian place called Gilardi's. It was so good! Then we shopped a bit and bought Jillian her first clothes! I am sending a care package with a sweet family who is going on the 22nd. They have agreed to take pictures too. Another girl is going to take pictures for us too this week! I am so excited to see more pictures of our beautiful baby girl. I can't get her out of my head and I'm so glad! I am praying for quick word of our court date and that we pass the first time. I am also praying that Jillian stays healthy, there are a lot of things that go around in an orphanage; chicken pox, colds, etc.... and babies seem to catch everything. I am hoping that God will put his hedge of protection around her and all of the babies there.
I have been in a blur since "referral day", Thursday. Our friends, The Belote's also got their referral the SAME day! What a blessing! I am really hoping we get to travel at the same time. Our girls will always know each other- how neat!!! Happy Mother's Day to all of the great mother's out there- it really is such a blessing. I heard something on the radio the other morning about mothers; that mothers are childrens first experience of what Jesus' love is like- that makes me feel a little inadequate, because what big shoes we have to fill! I liked it though- how near and dear to God's heart we are. He made US mother's!!! I'm so grateful to him for that! This has been the best Mother's day ever! Next year will be even better, because we will get to spend it with Jillian! Also, got the best surprise this morning, Isabelle created the most beautiful picture of our family of five- I am going to try to scan it and put it on here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment