I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Monday, May 3, 2010
Today on our local Christian radio station, Spirit FM, they were having their annual Miracle Monday. This is when you call in if you have a prayer request and they have different employees and prayer warriors answering and listening and then praying for your request with you. I haven't ever called in before, but this morning while I was getting ready I felt a nudge.... so I called in- a guy named Matt answered and we started chatting about my request; which is our adoption- he asked me where we were adopting from and I told him- Ethiopia..... here is the God thing- he told me he has been there three times and absolutely got so happy to listen to our process. He said he loves the people of this country! I know some people might not understand or see it- but this is what I got out of this- I have always known God was a huge part of our deciding to adopt and the process, but I actually felt the Holy Spirit while I was on the phone with Matt today, telling me that God has this all under control and that he is "all over it"! Nothing like this has ever happened to me before! Matt prayed for a "quickening" and for revelation in every step of this process for us! I still can't hardly stand it, the waiting- but it helps to remember that somebody is holding my hand every step of the way!!! On another note: On the way home from taking my daughter to school today, my 4 year old son says, "Mom, do you think the moon and sun are friends?" So sweet! I love the little details of our day like that!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.