Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful

I start this post thinking a lot lately about how thankful I am for dear friends! Without my friends I couldn't make it- don't really have a lot of support from family sometimes and that makes me so appreciate all the advice and love and support I get from my true friends!
Thursday night I stayed up late to go see the second movie in the Twilight series, New Moon- it started at midnight! I didn't get to bed until 3AM- I realize I am no spring chicken any more! It was worth it, great movie! Then on Friday was the annual Cup of Cheer Homes Tour to raise funds for the Ronald McDonald House of the Ozarks- It's a handful of houses in the Springfield area all decked out for the Holidays! Totally gets me in the mood! My mom and I and a group of great girls go every year- this is our 6th year. Each year you get a different china tea cup to commemorate the day. It's so much fun, we shop and eat after we are finished- so that was yesterday and I didn't get home until midnight! Needless to say, I am wiped OUT! In Springfield, we visited the World Vision Africa Aids Experience Exhibit. You took on the identity of a child from Africa as you walked through a village as that child, and finding out you had HIV and how you dealt with that.... There was a prayer chapel with pictures of hundreds of people affected by AIDS in Africa and you could leave a prayer pinned up on the wall- it was very moving! Overall we had a great day!
I am starting to think about our Christmas card and what kind of picture to use- I found a great artist named Laura Kelley- below is a picture of my kids in her creations! I LOVE them! You can get your own at www.pitterpatterart.com Check it out! It supports her adoption from Ethiopia! She is great to work with, too- I am already working on an order for a friend of mine with her own cutie from ET!
Last but not least, it is National Adoption Day- so Happy National Adoption Day! I am so thankful that we live in a Nation that allows us to adopt, domestically and internationally! I thank the Lord for that and for all of the children that have been and will be adopted! Praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment