I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
We are now 6th!!!! on the UNofficial waiting list for a baby girl from Ethiopia with our agency, America World. There are so many families getting ready to go travel this month and next to pick up their kiddo's, it's going to be very exciting to see what happens in the next few months! There are so many things to be thankful for! Just wanted to let everyone know about the progress moving on up that list! Keep those referrals coming! On another great note, I get to watch a sweet baby girl from Ethiopia this Friday, for my friend, and I can't wait! I'll be getting my practice in- (and lots of hugs, too.) My neice turned 16 today!! She is having her "party" at our house this weekend, pictures are sure to come.... it ought to be interesting, when about 30 teenagers crash here on Sat. night!
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.