I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you - John 14:18
Sunday, April 3, 2011
This is one of my favorite new songs. Aren't we all adopted?? On Third Day's website they asked for adoptive families to send in a picture of their adopted children to be used during their concerts while playing this song--- sooooo, I thought, I can do this- ha! 3 kids and a camera and an adopted sign..... this is what I got! But we had fun..... and I sent two to Third Day! (I've tried to load the pics, but they won't load- going to try to load them seperately.) I am beginning to think there is something wrong with my blog- or maybe it's the blogger.....;)
1. Ethiopia has approx. 4.3 MILLION orphans and the country is only twice the size of Texas.
2. 82% of the population survives on less than 1$ a day.
3. Only 24% of households have access to safe water.
4. 1 in 10 children die before their first birthday.
5. 1 in 6 children die before their fifth birthday.
6. 44% of the population in Ethiopia is under 15 years old.
7. Ethiopia's Doctor to Child ratio is 1 to 24,000.
8. Per Capita, Ethiopia receives less aid than any other country in Africa.
9. HALF of all children will never attend school.
10. Because of this : James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
I am Erin, follower of Christ, a wife to Craig, and a mother of three amazing kids, Isabelle, age 8, Harrison, age 5, and Jillian, 1. I spend my days loving amd taking care of my family and longing for Ethiopia.